Module 1 - Learning Reflection Blog Post Assignment Rubidia Sandoval

  Introduction

    The first module was related to introducing the new AI technology and how we can apply it in teaching online and face to face environment. At the beginning of this module, I thought that it would be about using AI apps for teaching.However, I was unware of the many  AI platforms available, but throught out the classes, I recognized many of them. Also, I discovered how I could use them to make my classes more interactive and engaging for students. I must admit that my high expectations for this module have been met. 

2. Development (Reflection on Key Concepts): 

o What were the most important concepts you learned in this module?

The most important concepts I learned in this module were the following:

Prompts: It is important to know what a prompt is. In AI a prompt is an order that we give to the Intelligence we are working with. We have to be specific to get the best result possible.

The importance of design thinking for getting good results and solve a problem. It is a procces in which we can find good information through different methods like brainstorming, why questions, etc to finally achieve a goal and improve as a team or company. 

How did these concepts challenge your previous understanding of English

language teaching?

    I would like to have all these new tools available during my teaching practice at univeristy. I had some of them like quizzy, wordwall, but AI tools were not available during that time. Therefore, this new learning journey has been a challenge for me because I have learned new perspectives of how we have to teach to the new english students generation. 

o How do you plan to apply these concepts in your future teaching?

    I have already applied the new AI tools to my teaching methods. Students from this generation need different english classes in which they can use interactive techonology to have a significant learning environment. It is a challenge because sometimes the methods do not work as I think but that is the key point of learning. It is a complete learning journey. 

3. Conclusion and key learnings:

How will the knowledge gained from this module influence your teaching

methods?

    It has influenced my teaching methods a lot. I understood that students learn in different ways and I recognize that students have different learning preferences, I’ll tailor my teaching methods accordingly. Whether it’s visual aids, interactive demonstrations, or written materials, I’ll strive to accommodate various learning styles.

Can you think of a specific lesson or activity where you could apply what

you’ve learned?

    There were some classes for 4 grade students in which I used Copilote designer to create some pictures of places for my students. For example, school, greengrocer, and others; I was able to give the right prompts to the AI to get the pictures I wanted. The activity was donde succesfully using those pictures, and students learned a lot. 

At the beginning, I looked for the pictures of google but the pictures I found were not how I wanted, so I decided to use AI instead.


4. Incorporation of content created with AI: Include content that you created with

AI during the learning module. 


The following material demonstrates how much I have learned during this module. The most important platforms I am using to make my classes more interactive and reliable. 

Presentions using AI: https://gamma.app/docs/Introduction-to-Present-Perfect-Tense-1jsghrmode615jd

Pictures using Copilot Designer:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eBjkMPi9BoPVDFT0VTIxqYNPwgkIMUuT/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=109237361894169739048&rtpof=true&sd=true

Funkos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/192k5gstRjyThFdmA1NTE-PCwmD26WK7w/view?usp=sharing

Lesson plans:

CopilotAnswers-20240403-215023.docx

CopilotAnswers-20240403-215326.docx


Ideas and activities for my english classes:

  1. Preparation:
    • Write a list of verbs on the board (e.g., dance, eat, swim, read, jump, sleep, play, sing, run, study).
    • Divide the class into pairs or small groups.
  1. Activity Steps:
    • Explain to the students that they will take turns guessing what their partner is doing based on the verb you provide.
    • Model the activity with a funny example: “I’m dancing like a penguin!” (mime dancing like a penguin).

Examples:

He is playing the guitar.

She is sleeping.

They are swimming.

They are singing.

She is running.

He is studying.

She is jumping.

She is reading.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Module 4- ASSESSMENTS WITH AI

Module 3 - Creating effective lesson plans with AI and design thinking

Module 2 - ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE TO ENHANCE STUDENTS' ENGLISH SKILLS